Saturday 16th November - 10:00am to 1:00pm - $55 per person.
A bootcamp session dedicated to the art and use of compression.
Compression: the most powerful mixing tool at our disposal.
Join us at Kiln Studios for a bootcamp session dedicated to the art and use of compression!
Don’t just use a compressor to control dynamics - use it to change a way something is performed. Adjust the feel of a recording, shape tones and use it to create a professional, three-dimensional mix!
We are pleased to announce our second masterclass with UK engineer Ganesh Singaram - an international engineer, producer and educator who has worked with the likes of Pharrell Williams, Kanye West, Swedish House Mafia, INXS, Trey Songz, Brandon Flowers (The Killers) and many more.
What you will learn in the day:
- Understanding the use of a compressor
- Understanding the parameters of a compressor (attack and release times, thresholds, ratios etc).
- How to apply compression
- Advanced compression techniques
- Uses of various compressors - choosing the right compressor for the job!
- Parallel Compression
- Using compressors for tonal shaping
- Using a compressor to change how something has been performed
- Using a compressor to adjust timing feel
- How a compressor can be used to create depth of field
- Creative uses of compression
We are also offering the opportunity to sit down with Ganesh in a private one-on-one class, to cover compression, mixing, and anything else you'd like to discuss!
Limited spots available - secure your spot now!
Saturday 16th August, 2019 - 10:00am to 1:00pm
Unit 32 / 2 Bishop Street, St. Peters
Tickets on sale on Wednesday 9th October 2019
Looking forward to seeing you there!